Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Beginners SIG    Hidden Plants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hidden Plants
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Keith
posted
An iChat Buddy who's a photography buff sent me a lovely photo he took of an almond blossom near his California home. I admire the photo so much that I wish to include it in the sequence of photos which display on my desktop. It would go well with the series of photos in the Plants folder (Apple Images, Nature, Plants, Black & White, Abstract, Solid Colors, Pictures Folder), but how do I find this Plants folder so that I may add my new photo to it? I have searched for the Plants folder of photos using Spotlight, but it is not revealed.

Where is the Plants folder hidden?

Posts: 668 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of MaryG
posted Hide Post
Look under Macintosh HD/Library/Desktop Pictures/Plants.

Posts: 190 | Location: Shelby Township, Michigan | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Keith
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, beautiful! I thank you, MaryG.

Posts: 668 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Because Apple excludes many system folders.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Exactly why I use the terminal's "find" command.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Or, Devon Technology's freeware EasyFind, which has easy access buttons for "invisible" files and folders, is very fast, doesn't need to index, and its results are much, much easier to decipher than Spotlight.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post