Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    GoLive CS to Dreamweaver CS3 migration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoLive CS to Dreamweaver CS3 migration
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I'm attempting to move some web sites from GoLive CS to Dreamweaver CS3, manually, and have some problems and questions. I know that there is a plug-in for GoLive CS2 to migrate the site(s) to Dreamweaver, but no plug-in exists to go from CS to CS3 - so, I've been doing them manually.

The problem arises that many items don't convert well by doing it manually. Links, rollovers, components, etc., don't carry over. Which means a lot of further work and time. It probably wouldn't be too bad, except that I'm a relative newbie with Dreamweaver CS3, and it's been a battle.

Does anyone know if there might be a plug-in or an easier way to bring the GoLive CS sites into Dreamweaver CS3, so that it retains all of the links, components, etc.

Note that, when I do it manually, the site functions fine. But, the code in GoLive and Dreamweaver are different. So, if I need to make changes, it's problematic. I suspect that the problem would be less daunting if I could convert it via a plug-in. Any ideas or tips?

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Some info for anyone that may be attempting to migrate from GoLive to Dreamweaver CS3.

• I wasn't able to utilize the GL2DW Migration Plug-in that Adobe supplied, because it requires GoLive CS2 (and, I have CS). However, based on what I read it's problematic, especially for migrating Templates, Components, etc.
• So, I did it manually - still problematic
• Very little documentation, if any, by Adobe to make the transition easier.
• I've been struggling through it all, and have made some progress - though I still have a lot of work to do (and, this is only for one site - I have 2 more to move over).

Adobe has not made this transition easy. I've even searched the web, high and low, for answers. Nothing positive exists. If anyone feels they have easier solutions, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

If you would like to know what I've done to this stage, please just ask.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post