Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Any good Fireworks CS4 books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good Fireworks CS4 books?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
I am in the process of learning Adobe Fireworks CS4, from what I have seen so far it is a very valuable tool! I am excited by what I have seen,but I am having little luck understanding it. I am even taking a class, but it is still confusing. Are there any good books I should look at in particular to help me along?

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Since you are taking a class, perhaps the instructor can make a few recommendations?

I can't recommend a particular book, and don't use FireWorks. I can only offer the suggestion of making a trip to one of the large bookstores, like Border's, and browse the books in their computer section. I've done that many times in the past when attempting to learn a program in greater depth. Assuming that the bookstore is well-stocked, you may find quite a few to choose from. Grab a few that may appeal to you, buy a coffee or something, and scan through them to see if they will supply and suit your needs. Selecting the right one for you is kind of subjective. A book that is great for someone else, may or may not be the right book for you based on what your level of knowledge is and what you are attempting to know more about. As an example, there are tons of great Photoshop books - but there are probably one two that you would really like and find useful.

Perhaps, someone in the group can recommend a few. That will certainly give you a jump start. But, I still suggest taking a leisurely trip to the bookstore, to view those recommendations as well as any others on the shelves.

I suppose that you could also do some Google searches. Many online book stores provide small previews of book contents. Though the info provided is limited, it will give you an insight to the book(s).

The learning never ends.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Gawet,

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,
You are right-the learning never ends, especially in our field if we want to continue working!

Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Yup. Actually, it's fun. I thoroughly enjoy going deeper into stuff and being able to do more. Good luck on your search for the perfect book. It's out there.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post