Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Creative Cloud System Requirements?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creative Cloud System Requirements?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
What are the Mac Creative Cloud System Requirements?

At the moment, I have a 2009 Mac mini 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz; 1GB DDR2-667 RAM; 120GB Hard Drive; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950; 10/100/1000 Network; Mac OS X v10.4

Will I be able to use Creative Cloud with my computer?

Thanks,
Natalie

Posts: 462 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Suggest you call ...........

Adobe Technical Support Phone support team:800-833-6687.

This is from Adobe's web site.

System requirements

Adobe Creative Cloud membership provides access to all CS6 desktop apps for download and installation on your local computer, as well as additional apps and online services. Desktop applications included with your membership are available in both Mac OS and Windows® versions. The Creative Cloud website is designed to work optimally in the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The site should degrade gracefully on older browsers; you may have trouble using certain features on those older versions. Internet Explorer 8 and earlier are not supported.

Desktop applications

Refer to the following tech specs pages for a complete list of system requirements for each product.

Adobe Acrobat® XI Pro

Adobe After Effects® CS6

Adobe Audition® CS6

Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition

Adobe Dreamweaver® CS6

Adobe Edge Animate

Adobe Edge Code preview

Adobe Edge Inspect

Adobe Edge Reflow (sneak)

Adobe Edge Web Fonts

Adobe Fireworks® CS6

Adobe Flash® Builder® 4.7 Premium Edition

Adobe Flash Professional CS6

Adobe Illustrator® CS6

Adobe InDesign® CS6

Adobe Muse

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Adobe Prelude™ CS6

Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6

Adobe SpeedGrade™ CS6

Note that a broadband Internet connection is required.

The following are requirements for the Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications:

Mac OS: Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support, Mac OS X v10.6.8 or 10.7, 4GB of RAM, 10.5GB of hard-disk space.

Note that Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Builder, Flash Professional, and InDesign do not require 64-bit support.

Posts: 1655 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
You can see the System Requirements here.

quote:
Originally posted by artphanto:
What are the Mac Creative Cloud System Requirements?

At the moment, I have a 2009 Mac mini 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz; 1GB DDR2-667 RAM; 120GB Hard Drive; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950; 10/100/1000 Network; Mac OS X v10.4

Will I be able to use Creative Cloud with my computer?

Thanks,
Natalie

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Thank you both, I was able to upgrade my system, and am currently trying out trial versions. I gotta say I kinda like the plan-temporarily, but am unsure why as a designer I would really capitalize on this. Being old school, the idea of paying a monthly fee to use software, when I can buy the suite and keep it is a bit disturbing o me. Now I've heard others are trying to follow suit(microsoft). This is the age of pay per use, I guess. I know they say that you will benefit by having full access to all the upgrades, etc. but I really like the option of buying a product and "owning" it. I guess it's personal preference and no different than the age old question do you buy or lease a car?

Natalie

Posts: 462 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post