Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Help with Displacement Rollover Change-back effect
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Displacement Rollover Change-back effect
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of Karen Budzinski
posted
On my website, I have a hotspot where you click (on a person in my family picture), and then a displacement rollover to the side changes an image into a profile.jpg for the person you click on.

So, you click on the hotspot, the image to the right disappears, and a profile appears where I would like you to (1) be able to click "email Daniel (or whomever); and (2) click a box that says "close window". How do I do behaviors on the window when it only pops up in the browser when the hotspot is clicked?

Right now the only way I can get the "image restore" to work is by then DOUBLE CLICKING the hotspot.

What I WANT to do is this:

1. Be able to click the "close" on the "displace rollover" profile to swap out the profile for the other image again.
2. Be able to create the Email link in the "displace rollover" profile.

Please let me know if you know how to do this so I can continue on this project.

Thanks a lot!

Karen
586.615.2881 if it's easier to call than type...

Posts: 97 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
What is the web page you want to change? I went to your profile and the website there did not seem to do what you are describing. I went to all the pictures on the first couple pages. Perhaps if you point me in the right direction I can help.

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Hi - it's a "redo" of that webpage. Here is a screen shot of the page, and then when you click on the family picture, what comes up (then I need to set up the email link & the close Link). Thanks for ANY help/direction you could give me -- I researched it all morning through all my books & on the web & ended up only more frustrated!

Padawan
posted Hide Post
Here's the second part (the people are all blue because they are a "map" to click on so their profiles come up -- you probably knew that though)

Thanks again! Karen

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
There are no attachments showing on your last two posts.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
You have to wait a few minutes for them to pop up. They are in the body of the reply after a few minutes.

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
Hi Karen,

To be honest, I have not yet created a website with that kind of feature. Still, I think I might be able to be helpful if you could post this new page(s) where I (or we?) can see it work and not depend on vivid word pictures as I once heard someone describe it. The software you are using might help too. I've found that being able to see the code someone used whether they wrote it themselves or something like Dreamweaver did it can be helpful in getting their questions answered.

So can you set this page up on your webhost/site so it doesn't interrupt your current pages on display?

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm so proud of myself: I set up the website so you can view it at www.karenbudzinski.com. You will see where you can click a person in the family and get their profile, but I don't know how to then (1) create the link to their email on the rollover state; and (2) make the "close" button work on the rollover state. One issue is that when you click the profile comes up, so it is not showing in my normal "working page" on Dreamweaver. Thanks!

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
One thing to try is to move if you can the little square you have that pops up on rollover to a spot where it overlaps the hotspot that controls it.
That way you can see if moving the cursor/pointer from the hotspot area to the little square area will keep the little square from disappearing. So long as the mouse pointer is over that area.
Then see if you are able to click on the email link.

Padawan
posted Hide Post
I dumped the whole project and started over. Here is where I am at right now:

View project View project http://www.karenbudzinski.com

If you click on the boy to the far left in our family picture, the browser window comes up fine, I just can't add a link to email or to close the window. Whenever I click the slice to add the email link in Dreamweaver, when it adds the link, it also adds a few pixels and screws the box up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Padawan
posted Hide Post
Hi! Went to the format set up on www.karenbudzinski.com again, but still can't click the email link or "close window" button -- any ideas??? Thanks!

Karen

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
One idea to try is using iframes. Look up on google iframe tutorials and how tos.

I used it at the bottom of this page.

Essential what can be done is create a window inside a larger page and directing other html pages to appear in that window.
I thought that might help you get the effect you were originally showing. Click on a family member and the bible quote is replaced by the baby pic. and email link. Those contact pages could be little html pages that you have called up. hope this helps.

Padawan
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention frames, because my teacher (I am taking a college course in Dreamweaver) mentioned it and I thought "that might work for me!" Is it called "framesets" or is that something different? What you did on that website is what I want to achieve: how did you anchor it on the page where you wanted -- with the frame(set)? Well, I'll be looking it up today! Thanks again! Karen

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
I think they have similarities. I know an iframe can be placed within a cell of a table.