Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Dreamweaver question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamweaver question
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
This is primarily directed at "you know who" - MG's resident Adobe rep.

- I signed up for Adobe's Product Improvement Program for Dreamweaver CS4 - even though I'm a neophyte. Thought they might like to know a beginner's perceptions. Was hoping I could submit occasional comments & observations, but when I select this program in the DW Help menu, it just brings up a window saying "You're enrolled, etc." ????? So apparently they aren't looking for actual comments - just observing.

My proposed comment: I find the opening splash screen [Welcome Screen] puzzling. It has options to open recent files, or create new ones, but nowhere can I find or figure out how to open a specific site. Very frustrating. I hunt & peck to do this every time.

This seems peculiar, since the pros might be working on multiple sites. They need a way to quickly access the desired one.

The "Manage Sites" dialog is only for setting up locations, and doesn't actually open a particular site.

I have both the "real" site and a Test site. Am working with the Test site mostly (when I can find it in DW) for learning purposes.

Just a friendly suggestion: Please recommend that they add the option of opening a particular SITE in the splash screen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Jo Disler,

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a link of info on the Adobe Product Improvement Program. Apparently, they are gathering information from your computer as you use Adobe products.

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Adobe_Product_Improvement_Program

I'm using DW CS3. To open existing sites, go to the top Menu/Windows/Files. At the top of the Files tab window is a popup, that contains ALL of the websites that you've defined. Just select the one that you want to open and work with (all of the files in that site will be listed). They may have moved things around a little in CS4.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Hello Mike - I thought of sending this question to you, but felt that Adobe needs the suggestion.

Your DW CS3 instructions work, but still it's not an intuitive method (until someone tells you how!)

- Still think there should be something in the opening Welcome screen, along with the other options.

Yes, I agree that the Product Improvement Program seems to be observation-only. It would be nice to be able to write some suggestions, since their observations can't always mind-read what a person is attempting to accomplish.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post