Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Firefox can't Preview Dreamweaver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefox can't Preview Dreamweaver
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
While designing sites in Dreamweaver CS3, Firefox will not Preview the web page. From the research that I've done, the problem has existed since February 2010. There is no fix that I've found yet, other than a third party called Marketing Medley (http://solutions.marketingmedley.com) supplying one for the cost of $5.00.

From what I've read, the problems seems to be with versions CS3 and CS4 of Dreamweaver - and after updating to Firefox 3.6. Supposedly the problem disappears by downgrading to Firefox 3.5.8. As mentioned, the problem has existed since early this year, with no fix from Adobe and no fix from Mozilla/Firefox.

Has anyone that uses Dreamweaver found a solution to this problem, other than paying a third party for a fix? Has anyone downloaded and tried the third party fix?

Thanks,

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Adobe surely will not be going back to "fix" CS3 or CS4 both of them are end of life products and the "problem" has more than likely been addressed in CS5.

If this can be fixed for $5.00 you really should jump on the fix.

Posts: 1653 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian. I suspect that you are right. I didn't read anything about the problem with CS5. Chances are the Intel Mac and CS5 solved the issue. And, I think both CS3 and CS4 versions were related only to Mac. I probably will get the third party fix, as I don't really have much choice.

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Mike - I haven't had any problems with previewing in FF using DW CS4. -Just tried it with a tutorial file I'm working on, after reading your comments - just to be sure.

Using FF 3.6.12 (I usually install all the updates.)

Could it be an OS or CS3 or other issue?

I do previews both on my MacBook Pro (2 years old - going on 3 for the model) and on the desktop Mini purchased a year ago.

Not sure which v. FF on the laptop, as it's not running now.

????????

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
P.S. - Both my computers ARE intel based. Maybe you're correct that it makes a difference.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Jo Disler:
P.S. - Both my computers ARE intel based. Maybe you're correct that it makes a difference.

Thanks Mary Jo,

It's becoming obvious to me that Intel Macs solve the issue, in conjunction with how it handles Firefox. I'm currently running the same version of FF, albeit with a PowerMac (non Intel Mac). The process of elimination points to the fact that the newer versions of Firefox (3.6+) will not play nice with Dreamweaver Previews on non Intel Macs. It sorta goes hand in hand - you can't upgrade to DW CS4 or CS5 unless you have an Intel Mac.

Per Brian's suggestion, I ordered the third party fix at around 9:00 AM this morning. I was to receive an email to allow me to download the fix, but haven't received it yet (after 5 hours plus). Either it's taking them a looooooooong time to verify my credit card info because it's not automated, or something is fishy.

Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
In the event that anyone else needs to resolve the issue. I got the third party fix, and it worked.