Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    HTML Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HTML Question
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted
Can anyone offer a suggestion what's wrong with the HTML code on this web page?

The graphic displays correctly from my desktop, but not from my web page. Here's the error:

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Try putting a closing slash on your IMG tag and see if that makes a difference.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jack. That solved the problem. I was taught by an HTML expert that the closing / is optional. Apparently, it isn't.

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Closing / in XHTML, the latest standard, aren't optional. In HTML (being phased out for XHTML) they are optional for many tags. It's best to get in the habit of always closing, because for *some* HTML tags they are required too (now you see one reason why it was made required for all tags in XHTML - why should you have to guess when it's required and when it's not?).

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post