Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Here is My Web Design and Desktop Publishing Work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here is My Web Design and Desktop Publishing Work
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted
Well here it is, my website.

It has the best of my desktop publishing and web design work for the mostly non-profits I have been
giving volunteer time to.

You are welcome to review it and give constructive criticism and tell me what you like.

I would also like this added to the members websites if Terry is viewing this.
Here it is.

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Kirk,
LOVE YOUR WORK. Creative and clear.
Also love the site construction.
What app(s) did you use to create your site?

Posts: 1615 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I went to the newsletter page and found that I could not enlarge the type with command-+ to make it more readable for me.

Using the screen zoom doesn't work well with dual monitors, so I stopped there.

Posts: 1964 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
These links will take you to the older dotMac format I was using if you actually want to read the pages:

http://homepage.mac.com/kirktalon/PhotoAlbum15.html

http://homepage.mac.com/kirktalon/PhotoAlbum14.html

I might incorporate a readable section more closely,

Thanks James!

Kirk

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHunter:
Kirk,
LOVE YOUR WORK. Creative and clear.
Also love the site construction.
What app(s) did you use to create your site?

Glad you like it Chita.

Everything is Adobe PhotoShop CS, InDesign CS, Illustrator CS with some DreamWeaver(front page and web pages layout) and Flash MX 2004. I used iWeb 08 to make the inner pages showing the desktop publishing and graphics.

Jedi Knight
Picture of Chris Doerner-McCary
posted Hide Post
KIRK

I love the Dragons and DemiGods effect. What a beautiful body of work. Kudos.

If one beholds the sublime in art - one can view Mac as an artform!

Posts: 141 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
My only change I would do on the Flying Mustangs web page is that I would make the titles as well as the mustang buttons hot links. I clicked on the text first before I tried the buttons.

Aside from that, looks good.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1726 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
Thanks Calvin I will take a second look at your suggestion. The idea was to use a font that I used in the banner. That font is Tele-Marine. As you may already know, it is best to use fonts that are on everyone's machines when making websites or make them images. I choice to make just the buttons links although I could make the image file titles like the Mustang buttons. Hmm good idea!