Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Any Books on eblasts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Books on eblasts?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
I am a decent beginner in web design and need to learn eblasts. Any suggestions for some good books on creating eblasts?

Thanks!
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to sending out mass emails or something else? What language(s) are you writing web sites in?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
yes Jack-
html emails to send mass emails

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Well, you likely won't do it with just HTML. HTML is just a markup language with no logic support. It's only good for displaying things. You'll need some sort of programming language, like PHP, to do that.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jack. That is why I was looking for a basic start up guide-so that I can get started and learn what I needed to do.
I understand the way html emails are made are somewhat different from building web pages-so I wanted to learn (nothing fancy just a simple layout).

Natalie