Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Flash pages running slow...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flash pages running slow...
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Hello all-
I have a webpage made in flash and it is running extremely slow. It has always been slow but never this slow. Any advice would be great. Here is the site: www.simplyasquared.com

Posts: 25 | Location: W. Bloomfield | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
What do you consider "slow"? I thought it was pretty quick. But I have a quad processor Mac Pro. What system and OS do you have? What version of the Flash player? How much memory? What else is running on your system? Which browser are you using?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
I have a new macbook pro with 2.53 GHZ 4GB ram. I have flash player 10.

Posts: 25 | Location: W. Bloomfield | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Alec,

I'm running a Macbook 2 GHz with 2 gig of RAM, Leopard OS running Safari.

Your website seems pretty fast here too.

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jack. I looked at the site on my Dell laptop, 1.5 Ghz with 2 GB RAM over our wireless network and it ran fine with the latest Firefox browser.

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone else. I'm running a PowerBook G4, 133Ghz, with only 1GB of RAM. Seemed to load fast on my end (3-4 seconds), in spite of the fact that it looked like it was loading 3-4 Flash files on the pre-load. And, I had a handful of programs running at the same time (Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro, and about 3-4 others).

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Don't know how fast is fast enough, but it loaded pretty quick on my old 2002 desktop, OS 10.4.11, G4.

Another post about Firefox running slow is current on this BB. Brings to mind comments some time ago that if you have lots of stuff on your desktop, it tends to slow down performance.

I'm as guilty as anyone, but when the drag is noticeable, I dump everything temporarily into one desktop folder & it helps.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Hope you don't mind some other comments on the site. (Maybe you're not finished with it yet.)

On the Example Work page I clicked "Main Page" thinking it would return to the home page. It just refreshed the same page it was on.

Also, Whenever I selected the "Home page" or went to it with the "back" arrow of the browser, the Flash content had to go through the reloading process again, even though it had loaded previously. Loaded faster, but still had to wait that little bit.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post