Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Dreamweaver InContext Editing question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamweaver InContext Editing question
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Mainly a question for Terry -
Am looking over the Support for DW CS4 here

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/

Watched the video re InContext Editing. - Does Adobe charge a fee for use of this feature? Something that was said in the video raised the question.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1655 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian. I think I'll steer clear. Sounds like one might get hit with fees, etc., divulging more personal info than might be desired.

I wondered because my son has experience with Joomla and says the advantage it has is the ability to make changes within a browser. (He is currently writing a web application for his dept. in GM testing division.)

Was hoping Adobe might have made something similar available in Dreamweaver CS4, but it sounds like they want to maintain a level of control that should be considered carefully.

P.S., Their page in your second link - "Additional Terms" - is VERY difficult to read. White text on black or charcoal color may be trendy, but not very practical or user-friendly. It can influence one's choices where there are options. (hint, hint)

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Text displays like that lead me to conclude that the author really does not want me to read it. Even enlarging the page with FireFox does not help.

Posts: 1979 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Jim - I agree 100%.
When I link to web sites or pages that are new to me, as soon as I see a black background, and white-on-dark text, I'm gone. I can't be bothered to try to read it.
========

As an example of a site that is clean, clear, easy to navigate, fast (mostly), but represents a large corporation, take a look at Onstar.com
- Have visited it because our new car has Onstar & a trial year.