Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    help creating web page from indesign
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help creating web page from indesign
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
can someone tell me of a link or explain the fasted way to make a web page from a created page in Indesign. From the package window do i have to resave every photo in imageready? also is there a way to drag my whole page over and not have to move things around. Should i just create a pdf from indesign? A long time ago terry made it look so simple. I think i have it on a cd from the meeting but cant find it. Using CS. On dial up so movies to explain are out. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Do you have GoLive? There's an option under the File menu to "Package for GoLive".

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I have the whole creative suite. Once in GoLive how do the drag all items to look like my indesign page. seem like alot of work draging and resizing and resaving art once in golive. im not doing something right.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert, so I'm directing you to the GoLive help. Search for "InDesign package" and you'll see how to import the package and how to export it as HTML. When you export it, everything should get placed - you may want to fine-tune it, but you don't have to manually drag everything out of the PDF in the package.

Also, I'm looking as CS2 here - I don't know how much of this changed from CS1.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
poobelly,

I have really never used the Package for GoLive feature in InDesign (and, actually in InDesign CS3, it only allows to Package for Dreamweaver XHTML). I did a test export, and didn't like the results when opened in Dreamweaver. I'm sure that the InDesign file has to be set up properly, with the eventual Package for... in mind. Meaning that the page should probably be set up as a Table, at the very least.

I would highly recommend a better scheme for you in the future. Use Photoshop to design and create your web page(s). Photoshop will allow you to create slices, rollover buttons, URL links, and more. When finished, just Save for Web. There you can optimize individual slices and images, and export the entire page, including the HTML and all slices. When the HTML page is opened in GoLive or Dreamweaver, it will open as a Table with all slices in position.

I hope this helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Gawet,

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post