Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Web Publishing    Dreamweaver CS 4 CSS Panel issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamweaver CS 4 CSS Panel issue
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
A DW CS4 issue: In working some tutorials that involved using the "CSS Styles" Panel, the "All" tab doesn't display ANY style sheet info AT ALL.

Tried various hunt&peck things, including adding an additional style sheet to the file to see if it showed up, but with no success. To test, I opened one of the pages of my new site that has a couple of CSS style sheets applied. Same problem. Nothing at all shows up. (new site done with DW CS3)

Checked for DW CS4 updates from Adobe, but none turned up. Tried various Adobe tech support & Help links, logged in, but couldn't find where one posts a question or comment. Searching with "CSS" as a term is difficult because it is so complex. This is not a problem in applying CSS, but apparently a software issue.

Any others experiencing this with DW CS4?

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Finally - accidentally - answered my own question. Looked at DW Prefs. Didn't really change anything, but went back to the CSS Styles Panel, double-clicked all around, and something "gave."

Short answer: The "All" area is a panel-within-a-panel. The lower border has to be dragged down to see the contents. The trick is locating the movable part of the border. (Double-clicking alone does nothing if the "All" area is closed. - Necessary to find the border & drag.)

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Mary Jo,
My experience with CS4 is that it has to be "kicked"
into action sometimes. While my styles do show up in the CSS
panel, whenever I access a page with styles, whether created
in CS3 or 4, I find that my sites don't always show up
in the Files panel until I've begged, pleaded and continually
clicked on items totally unrelated.

Posts: 1615 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Chita - Very interesting. Believe me, I "begged, kicked & pleaded" - clicked I-don't-know-how-many-times with the CSS Styles panel, or wouldn't have spent hours, & 2 or 3 tries over a couple of days, online Help search, looked through the source code (made me dizzy) you name it. I began to think there was a flaw in the Mac version of the program.

Wouldn't it be nice if one just clicked the "ALL" tab and it opened? How hard is that in today's ultra-sophisticated programming?

Nevertheless, problem solved. (Hope there aren't too many more like this!)
- Am committed to DW, but it's things like this that are so discouraging in learning a new app, and make one hesitate to take the plunge.