Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    DVD Player/Burner Maintenance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DVD Player/Burner Maintenance
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Is there a simple way to clean a DVD burner without opening it up. I'm thinking you should be able to clean the lens etc without performing major surgery on the unit. It's a Lacie external DVD reader/burner.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Try some compressed air...

Make sure you give the can a few quick blasts before using it on the DVD player. Hate for you to blast any condensation into it. Also make sure it is unplugged first.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2102 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
There are DVD/CD cleaner disks that you should be able to find at OfficeMax or Staples. They have tiny brushes built into the disk to clean dust off the lenses. I think I paid maybe $7 or $8 for the last one I bought.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post