Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    printer is printing off center
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

printer is printing off center
 Login/Register

posted
on both my old printer and my new HP laser jet color printer, my computer is printing off center most of the time and cutting off the image. it is driving me crazy. it did it just now when printing off my email, and most of the time. It didn't do it yesterday when I printed a photoshop file, but often it does then too. I have played with the settings. I don't have a clue what is wrong. any suggestions?

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Carole:

Sounds like you are not selecting the correct vertical/horizontal orientation when you try to print or possibly something is setup as legal size rather than letter size, or both.

Brian

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Ideas:
1. Is the printer driver (the dialog window) up to date?

2. Some oversize pages may need to be scaled to fit the paper size.

3. When printing a pdf file, check the "Page scaling" choices which frequently need adjustment. The preview thumbnail shows the result for each choice.

4. Another pdf option: "Auto-Rotate and Center" may need to be checked or unchecked. See the screen shot.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post