Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Burn disc and have it appendable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burn disc and have it appendable
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Is there a simple method to burn a disc and have it appendable using disc utility?

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
George:

Read this >>> https://discussions.apple.com/...518?start=0&tstart=0

I followed the steps using Yosemite and it seems that Apple's fondness for CD/DVD media that this option is no longer available.

I also Googled this >>> will toast 14 burn multisession discs? No good news here also.

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian, that's what I'm finding too. I'll try om my G5 using an older version of the Mac OS and see what happens.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
George, if you are doing it to archive files, why not go the easier route and copy the files to SD cards or flash drives. They are getting cheaper all the time and take less storage space than discs. Less vulnerable to damage, too.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post