Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Hypersensitive Track Pad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hypersensitive Track Pad
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
My 15" MacBook Pro, early 2011 running Mavericks, has a trackpad that has gradually become hypersensitive in that simply moving the cursor over an icon causes it to open without clicking on it. This has made my computer difficult to use, since I have continually to close pages which I didn't want to open. I haven't seen any setting in the System Preferences section on the trackpad which will make the trackpad respond less vigorously. I welcome your suggestions.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
System Prefs >
Mouse >
Double-Click Speed >
What is it set at?
If all the way over to "Fast"
this may be the problem.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
If you checked everything that Chita suggested and the problem still exists, it is possible that the battery may have started to swell. When this happens, the battery pushes against the trackpad and causes unwanted clicks. Of course the trackpad could be the real issue at hand too.

Keep us informed...

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
The trackpad was set to "Slow"; however, when I unchecked the "tap to click" box, the trackpad seemed to work normally. Thanks Chita and Dave for your suggestions.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post