Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Retrieve a message/draft??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retrieve a message/draft??
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I was typing a message to a senator when my laptop shut down. (Hadn't noticed battery was running low.) Is there any hope of retrieving it??

Posts: 227 | Location: Southfield, MI USA | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
What program were you using to type your message?

The more information you furnish should allow someone to help you.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
In Chrome, I googled "www.whitehouse@senate.gov" I was watching a confirmation hearing at the same time. (Against Betsy deVos) I now think that was not an actual e-mail address--which may explain why I can't locate my document. What do you think? I appreciate your help!
Nancy

Posts: 227 | Location: Southfield, MI USA | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Nancy:

First that is not an email address.

This is the web site.... https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov/
and it refers to

Sheldon Whitehouse an American politician and the junior United States Senator from Rhode Island, serving since 2007.

Web addresses do not contain the @ symbol.

Since you were apparently typing into a comment section on his web page and were not creating an email I do not see anyway to recover it. You might scroll through the comments on the web page and see if you can find the one you started. If you do find it you may be able to continue working on it.

Good luck

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Ooops! Thanks Brian. I should have known that! Now I know...I just hope I remember it for next time!