Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy iPhone 6
 Login/Register

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted
My iPhone 6 must have heard me talking about replacing it with a new XR. The ringer has decided to go wonky. It decided today to not ring at all. None of the usual mute things were selected, it was not set to theater mode, everything was normal. After toggling all of the possible controls on and off, it will now ring again, but it won't use any of the standard or custom ringtones. It gives me a ding-dong like a doorbell. (No comments about the ding-dong using it.) I can't even find a tone like that anywhere on the phone. If I have to, I'll wipe it and restore from my last backup, but I'd rather not. Anybody have any ideas?

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Okay, disregard. I don't know why it wouldn't ring, but the odd doorbell ringtone was apparently tied to my landline listed in my Contacts. Of course, I was using the landline to test the iPhone. I think I need a vacation.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
That's all right, Phyllis. We still love you.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post