Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Availability of Battery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Availability of Battery
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Does anyone know if you can still purchase a battery for a vintage G3 Powerbook? I have one that I want to put on E-Bay and the battery is dead. It has 3 bay modules, CD drive, Zip Drive, and regular disc drive. Runs perfect on the power cord System 9.1 OS. Has some software on it Office etc. I think it will sell on E-Bay but it would be nice if a battery were available.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Searching Google for "battery for g3 powerbook" yields many results including both "new" batteries and rebuilding old batteries with new cells.

Posts: 1978 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Any batteries for that vintage computer that I saw were well over 100 dollars, probably a large percentage of the market value of the computer.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post