New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burning Blu-ray disks
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I have a general question. Is there a sure fire way to burn blu-ray disks that play on all blu-ray p[layers? I've been working on this problem for a few weeks and after buying two different burners, two different players, and toast 14, I'm still not sure I have it nailed. Using the latest version of Toast and a pioneer blu-ray burner seems to work for the most part, but any input?

THank you

Michael Sarnacki

Posts: 102 | Location: Royal Oak | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike:

What part is not working, you don't say?

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the blu-ray disks will play fine on one player and not an another player. I have a Pioneer burner and a LG burner...both new. And I have a Sony player and a Samsung player also both new. I'm turning these disks over to a client who has multiple players. Some of the disks work and other don't for him.
All of the commercial disks (movies) he plays work in all his units.

ANy thoughts?

Posts: 102 | Location: Royal Oak | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Specifically exactly what Blu-Ray Discs are you using? Don't work at all or play badly? More information might help.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I've used Verbatim and Optical Quantum disks and they will not play at all when inserted into a player.

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
In Toast, are you adjusting the setting for type of blu-ray disc?

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3764 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post