New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hypersensitive Cursor
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
Whenever I move my cursor(using a touchpad) over a list or on my desktop icons, it sometimes opens an item merely by passing the cursor over it without my clicking on it. This greatly slows down my computer use since I'm frequently having to close items which I didn't want to open. I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro 15" and High Sierra.How can I avoid this? I've tried changing my click settings and tracking speed, but that hasn't solved the problem.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Gordon,
I had similar issues with my MacBook Pro
I set the System Prefs >
Trackpad > Point & Click >
Click pressure to "Firm"

Posts: 1609 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Changing to "firm" was one of the first things I tried. It helped somewhat, but I still have the problem. Maybe I should go to the Mac Store in Lansing. Thanks for your reply.

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
There is a utility program called "Better Touch Tool" which offers many tweaks and customizations to trackpad performance. Might help.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I ordered "Better Touch Tool" for $6.50 and am trying to use it, but the info on installation and use is very complex and confusing. I'll contact the company and try to resolve problems. It looks as though it may solve my difficulty. Thanks, Chuck, for your input