Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Airport Extreme - noises
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airport Extreme - noises
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted
My son, visiting and doing some needed telecommuting from here, is working in my home office area. My Airport Extreme (from 2010) is located on a shelf above the desk. Being less than half my age, his hearing is still much better than mine has become, and without tinnitus. He called my attention to the Airport Extreme, which he can hear emitting a nearly inaudible (to me) crickets-like chirping noise. He used his phone to record the sound and played it back at full volume so I could hear that it actually exists. Anyone notice this on their AP Extreme? After the last meeting, I've been considering replacing it, especially if this odd noise is indicating something going wrong and a sign of electronic old age.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Chuck

If you do decide to retire it, I am interesting in getting the power supply for it. Let me know please.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1727 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Calvin,

I usually hang on to "real" transformer power supplies such as that. The switching supplies generate RF hash that messes up my radios. Still using a StyleWriter 12vdc supply and others separated from the equipment they used to supply. However, I will keep your request in mind!

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post