Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    Good data recovery services?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good data recovery services?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted
I have an old internal IDE 120Gb drive from 2008 that just clicks and died (no longer shows up on my computer) and I was thinking about trying to recover it. Is there a decent (inexpensive) trustworthy company I can go to locally? At the last meeting, I think Brian mentioned some places-but I didn't get to write them down. Who have you all used for data recovery?

Thanks,
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Natalie:

The two thoughts decent and inexpensive do not work together. I will find their contact information and forward it to you. The drive I had done cost in the neighborhood of $800.

Will let you know.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brain Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Natalie:

Here is the company I have used. Data Recovery Group

Data Recovery Group
21800 Melrose Ave Suite 1
Southfield, MI 48075

Phone number (248) 419-0958

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Natalie,

I have used and can recommend www.drivesavers.com if cost is no object. They are NOT local (Pennsylvania???) but are magical in getting data back. If the drive just clicks, then you have a mechanical failure.

Best of Luck!

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2101 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Thank you both, Brian and Dave Smile