Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting - Hardware    procedure for passing an iPhone on to someone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

procedure for passing an iPhone on to someone
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted
I'm giving mine to my sister. I think the procedure is:
Turn Find My PHone in setting on the phone
Reset the phone in settings.
Remove the backup, but I can't remember where/how.

What about the SIMM card. I have a T-mobile card in there, but I don't use that service any more. My sister has an old phone on Tmobile phone now, that takes the old, big SIMM. Should I just leave my mini SIMM in my iPhone and can Tmobile transfer her current number to my iPhone? Or does she have to get a new/different mini SIMM for herself? If so, can the Apple Store do this for her or does she have to go to Tmobile?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
I believe she'll need to get a new SIM from T-Mobile, it's usually a $20 fee.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Back up your phone via iTunes or iCloud first.

Turn off Find my iPhone in Settings>iCloud next.

Restore iPhone in iTunes to erase your data from phone.

Remove SIM card and have your sister get a new SIM card activated at T-Mobile store.

Remind your sister how kind and wonderful you are for giving her an iPhone Big Grin

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post