Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    WYSIWYG html editor on Windows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WYSIWYG html editor on Windows?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Andrew
posted
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a free (or low-cost) html editor for Windows?

The documents generated will be sent out in e-mail to a list of subcribers using an autoresponder.

I have been doing all the work (it's mostly cut/paste from other documents we have) in this project myself but no longer have the time. Everyone else in this particular organization uses Windows, hence my request.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Andrew :-)

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Word makes HTML files - chances are some if not all of the folks on Windows have it.

True, the HTML they generate is atrocious, but the end result looks OK.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted Hide Post
For free html on windows, I use notepad++.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Isn't Notepad++ text-based and not WYSIWYG?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Jack mentioned Word. If you have office pro you can use Publisher.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post