Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Comcast seems to be getting faster!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comcast seems to be getting faster!
 Login/Register

Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted
I'll be the first to beat up on Comcast when things aren't working. However, I just got an email from them about how they've increased the upload speeds at no additional cost.

I just ran my favorite speed test (testing against the Chicago server) and I'm really happy with my results:

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

fast uploads

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Glad someone gets all their "fabulous" speed. I was at *half* of what I was paying for for a month and Comcast's answer was basically "tough luck".

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
The last guy I had out here on a service (TV related) issue was probably the best tech I've ever had come out (luck of the draw). He found several issues that others had missed. For one, I have a cable amplifier (theirs) and he said the cable modem should not be on it. It also found several connections that were loose and tightened them. Since he moved my cable modem to a direct line and tightened everything, I've had both great HD picture AND fast internet.

----

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
I got that email today, too.

My speeds don't seem to be too much faster than usual...which is fairly fast.

I "power cycled" the modem per the suggestion, and noticed nothing special.

Thom

Posts: 189 | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
I thought it would interesting to compare my speeds from last year (4/27/07):

----

last year