Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Firefox 3 beta
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefox 3 beta
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted
I've been using the beta release of Mozilla's Firefox3 for the past few days. It's pretty awesome. The Mac version is supposedly a native Mac app, not just a port of another version. When the full version is released in the next couple of weeks, I may well dump the frequently-sucking Safari as my main browser. A short Flash movie showing some of its new features is at
http://people.mozilla.com/~beltzner/overview-of-firefox3.swf

Posts: 1098 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up, Chuck. I'm playing with it now, and looks like they've made a bunch of improvements.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of macjeff
posted Hide Post
I just downloaded version 3 of Firebox....WOW.....what a noticeable increase in web page browsing. Apple better start putting out some upgrades to Safari for speed....

Cool

Go AAPL ..... :-)

----- 10.0 Cheetah, 10.1 Puma, 10.2 Jaguar, 10.3 Panther , 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.X = ( Cougar or Lynx ) -----
----- When was the last time Apple updated a product ..... http://www.mactimeline.com/ -----

Posts: 1796 | Location: Washington, Michigan | Registered: June 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
AIM: Online Status For kirktalon
posted Hide Post
I like Firefox 3 too. I look forward to some of my favorite add-ons being updated for use with it. Anyone know how long that will take from past experience?

Safari 4 is going to have to be much better.

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post