Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Back To My Mac/EyeTV modem setup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back To My Mac/EyeTV modem setup
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
How do I set up my modem to operate with Back To My Mac & EyeTV without having to get a newer modem? There's supposed to be a manual setup to use EyeTV, but that's beyond my knowledge level.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
It's not really your Modem you need to setup, but your router (assuming the two aren't combined). You need to make sure the "Back To My Mac" ports are open on your Router/Firewall.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1629

http://support.elgato.com/inde...cle&kbarticleid=3640

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paul,

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
My modem and router are combined. Damn it. Frown

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Just do the setup there. It's doesn't mean you can't. Paul's only point is that for many people they are two separate devices and not to get them confused.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post