Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Downloading Flash & mp4 video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downloading Flash & mp4 video
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Have any ideas on how to get flash videos to download?

It would seem the latest update to Firefox (3.613) has killed off the ability to download .flv and any video for that matter. My "Download Helper" extension is still installed, but the "Preferences" are disabled and re-installs don't work.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Just today I used Download Helper to grab an .flv using Firefox 3.6.13 (PPC OSX 10.4.11).
It shows up OK in the Add-Ons window and I can access Prefs.
Is your Download Helper version up to date (v.4.8.1)?
Have you also tried a Repair Permissions on your Mac?

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arrakian:
Have any ideas on how to get flash videos to download?

It would seem the latest update to Firefox (3.613) has killed off the ability to download .flv and any video for that matter. My "Download Helper" extension is still installed, but the "Preferences" are disabled and re-installs don't work.

Chuck mentioned some great things to try. In the past, when all else failed for either Flash, QT, etc., I decided to give SnapsProX a try. It worked when all else failed at the time. It's not free, though they offer a trial.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
I did the Repair Permissions, I have the latest DH. I'm using Snow Leopard though. When I tried to re-download DH, the Error Message stated,"Unexpected installation error. Review Error Console log for more details -203".

All these problems happened after the FF 3.613 update.

Mike,
I have SnapzProX too.

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Strange. I downloaded FF4 Beta because I'd heard that worked; it did. After using it for awhile, I closed it and opened FF 3.613. Now the Download Helper add-on works. Software...