Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    RSS in Safari 6.0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RSS in Safari 6.0
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Hi all,
Is there any way to force Safari 6 to show my RSS feeds? I hate that it keeps opening Mail when I click on my RSS Bookmarks.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Safari 6 no longer shows RSS and is not capable of doing so. It now automatically opens whatever your default RSS reader is.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5472 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
In the Mail drop down, it asked for my Default RSS Reader and I picked Safari as an option. So this won't work? Is anyone making a plug-in for this?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
No. You should get a stand-alone RSS reader, like NetNewsWire (the lite version is free).

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5472 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I'll second Jack on the recommendation of NetNewsWire. He hooked me on it a while back, and it works nicely.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jack (and Phyllis). between this and Firefox, I should be okay.