Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    How to export AOL email addresses into mail 3.6?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to export AOL email addresses into mail 3.6?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
How do I export AOL email addresses into mail 3.6 on my macbook?

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
forgot to write it says I can export as:
file Type:
Comma-separated value (CSV)
Tab-delimited text (TXT)
LDIF Format (LDIF)

I don't know what any of this means.
Once i export do I then import in mail?
Do I go to file then import mailboxes?

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
From the Address Book Help:

Importing contacts from other applications
Address Book can import contact information that you have saved or exported from other applications in vCard, LDAP Interchange Format (LDIF), tab-delimited, and comma-separated value (CSV) formats.

So use the LDIF or CSV export, then import them into Address Book (not Mail) by going to File->Import... and then selecting your exported file.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Something else to try: AOL Service Assistant

http://daol.aol.com/software/mac/

Look for "Tools" lower right of the web page. I think that the AOL Service Assistant may do what you want with less fuss than exporting/importing.

I used the Service Assistant a few years ago & it worked quite well.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post