Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    No Frames?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Frames?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Keith
posted
I'm at the website of one of my favorite classical composers, Gerhard Richter, but nothing seems to work. I've tried clicking around in Camino and Safari, and then I viewed the source code in Safari. The results are as follows:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>musik-handwerk.de</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="*,0">
<FRAME SRC="http://www.webpartitur.de/musik-handwerk" NORESIZE>
<NOFRAMES>
Your browser does not support frames.
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

O.k., if Safari does not support frames, what Mac browser does?

Posts: 668 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Safari supports frames, this site is just not built that well or just outdated (it says ©2001). It seems to be working fine for me in Safari 4 & Firefox 3.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
What version of Safari do you have? I'm using 4.0.2
I visited the site and with the exception of
the html code showing up on the "html" linked page,
which actually looks like it's an intentional background design,
the site works just fine.

Posts: 1614 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Pretty javascript and Flash - heavy, but no problems navigating site w Safari 4 or Firefox 3.5.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Worked OK here. No offense, but I find the puzzle/Flash/image that trails the mouse around VERY disconcerting. Tends to make one think nothing is "working."

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be. Lots of web visitors just want a straight path to info, maybe some images.

P.S. - The only active links I found were in the small-print menu, upper right. The large terms in the page design don't respond as links. Am guessing they're not supposed to.
Firefox 3.5.1.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Jo Disler:
Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be. Lots of web visitors just want a straight path to info, maybe some images.

I once p'od a web page Flash person when I said that to me the best part of web Flash animations was the little itty bitty "skip intro" click line.
Fun to read the WebPagesThatSuck and AskTog sites to see examples of Bad Design and interface.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

How do you rank "Click here to enter."?

Posts: 1964 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Cutler:
Chuck,

How do you rank "Click here to enter."?

I Abandon All Hope.