Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Disappearing Bookmarks in Safari! help-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappearing Bookmarks in Safari! help-
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted
I just got a newer computer had everything installed from my old one to this newer one (Dual 2GHz Power PC G5), even my safari bookmarks transferred over. I didn't do the actual transfer, an IT person here at work did it. Now when I do searches on Safari and save bookmarks, after I quit Safari, the new bookmarks disappear--when I create a new bookmarks folder, even the folder is gone. I am using Safari 3.1.1--has anyone heard of this, or why it is happening? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You could try to copy the Safari program from your old computer (only if they are running the same OS). Otherwise an Archive & Install would be your best solution.

Try creating a new User account and see if it happens there... I'm curious to know the results.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2101 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
check your prefernces and make sure you dont have anonymous set. Sorry this is brief I am on my iPhone.

Edit===

Now that I'm home, I see the option is right under the Safari menu called "Private Browsing". Make sure it's not checked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jack Beckman,

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Dave and Jack-thanks for your advice-but
The private browsing is not checked (although that is exactly what it's doing) I forgot about private browsing-but that's not it Frown
Also, because this is my work computer, I am not the admin, so I can't create a new user. Dave, how can I copy over the safari program using Archive & Install?

Thanks
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post