Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Internet SIG    Earthlink Support - Thumbs Up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Earthlink Support - Thumbs Up!
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted
My Earthlink ADSL service starting disconnecting repeatedly last night. Since it happened while I was re-arranging my display setup, I waited to this morning to run checks on my wiring, just in case. Well, no problems found, so I called Earthlink.

I was answered in a few seconds. The tech asked the mandatory account identification and then LISTENED to me! He never asked about which operating system I use. After having me identify my DSL adapter (modem) he ran remote diagnostics and "re-provisioned" my connection. It then took about the same time to reconnect the ADSL and restart the AirPort Extreme. Success with no hassle!

A win for Earthlink support.

In fact, the only complaint I have is the inability to stop and start a PPPOE connection using the Airport Extreme. Instead I had to restart the whole box, interrupting the local network as well. Maybe I'll bug McGuire about this. I'm sure he'll tell me where to go with the problem.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post