MacGroup iBBS
Copying discs

This topic can be found at:
http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4631041462/m/1341067672

March 18, 2008, 10:38 PM
janp
Copying discs
Nice articles in this months Maclife ,,,especially the one o copying your DVD's. They mention Mac the ripper which works well but then they say to use Toast to burn the copy,
Terry once showed how to use Image disk rather neatly to copy a disc.
Any ideas?
March 19, 2008, 01:52 AM
CHunter
There's also Fast DVD Copy, Handbrake...
March 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
Calvin
If I can ask.

I am making an archive copy of a dvd that i bought. Would I first use MacTheRipper and then use Handbrake or Fast DVD Copy to burn the final result to a blank DVD?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"
March 19, 2008, 10:12 AM
Donna
FastDVD copy does it all. You only need that one program. It analyses, rips, compresses (if necessary) and then burns. I have used this one for several years. It is one-button simple. You don't have to babysit it.

I think with MacTheRipper or Handbrake, you rip then burn via Toast or Finder, which is a two-step process with a second program for the burning.
March 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
janp
I've used Handbrake to borrow bits and pieces of car movies for fun presentations but never burned a disc....It was a neat project that I finished with quicktime Pro...

I'll try Fast DVD copy

thanks folks
March 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
FastDVD copy does it all..

Does the program also handle Decryption as well?

Is it Freeware, Shareware, or Commercialware?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

March 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
Donna
Here is the website. It does cost, but using it is simplicity in itself. You can download a trial version which allows you to make one copy.The software is locked to a single machine after you purchase. So you had better make a good decision where you will be doing this type of copying.
March 19, 2008, 03:24 PM
Calvin
Hi Donna, you left out the web site.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

March 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
Donna
Sorry
http://www.fastdvdcopy.com/

The program is great. Activation is a pain in the neck. But once you survive that, no problem. It's smooth as silk.