Find
Notify
Tools

DirecTv HD problems
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted
In the last 90 days I've had DirecTv Multibrand techs at the house 4 times to correct problems with the HD satellite feed. Today my wife called and they are out again.

We have the option to leave DirecTv after 15 years for AT&T or Comcast. Only DirecTv has a DVR with 5 tuners, so I keep trying to get this problem fixed or give up my 5 tuner box for AT&T or Comcast. We have 6 DVR's in the house, so it will be a big change for us to leave DirecTv. We are tired of having these problems.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Do you have a question?

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm venting a bit. I do wonder if I should be prepared to switch to Comcast.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
If you are not getting the type of service that you are paying for it doesn't matter about the features they offer ( 5 tuners ). 5 tuners not working properly might as well be on the moon.

Give it some thought, do your homework and check out the options that you have, then make the choice that is best for you.

Perhaps they need to re cable the Satellite Feed?

Make sure you work a deal with Comcast or AT&T. Example: "Hey I am a current DirectTv customer why should I switch and what can you offer me at a lower or competetive price?"

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1728 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post