Notify
Tools

Hulu+
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
2 Questions since Hulu has not answered my tweets:

1) Does it include all of the standard Hulu programs? (Debating on getting a Roku box)

2) Can I connect my iPod touch to my TV and stream it. (If so I could skip on a Roku)

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
I have hulu plus. I am thinking it is not worth it. But that is just me. There are things that I have seen in my queue that are strictly web that you cant see via ipod/ipad. I only have hulu on ipad and I would think you could connect to your tv and stream it. So I am thinking you can do what you want with it.

"Life begins when you leave your comfort zone"

Posts: 311 | Location: Redford, Mi | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
The Hulu Plus app gets horrible reviews. Granted, many of the 1 Star reviews are based on the monthly price, but many are also based on the App being unstable.

Hulu has made the classic mistake of getting everyone hooked on something for free and then trying to charge for it. While I have no problem paying for content, the monthly charge doesn't eliminate the ads. Well I already get that with Cable so I'm not going to pay AGAIN for ad based TV.

My solution is a DVR (TiVo) and Slingbox to stream to my computer/iOS devices wherever I am in the world. Granted Comcast charges more than $8/month, but I get everything I want for the price including HD.

Lastly, you can download the App and try it for FREE to see if the video out works to your TV. Video out is on an App by App basis. Don't assume it works! Try it!

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I like my Roku. It allows me to do Netflix instant and ties up
no computer(s). Very simple to set up and use.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Just tried out Hulu+ on my iPod touch 4G, there are free shows that don't require you signing up to try them. Can't find any options for video out though. I see Netflix has video out though.

Between all the shows on Hulu+ and Netflix we might get a Roku and the most basic cable package. Was hoping we could do it with an iPod...

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post