New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streaming TV?
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
I'm trying to do this quickly, and google is not helping me. I found a website, watch2stream, that has live coverage of football. I can play it on my MacBook Pro osx 10.6.4 using safari. I would like to play it on the TV, but don't seem to have the right cables. I have hdmi and other USB and video camera connectors, but must need something else? Is there any way to get that website through our Roku box? What would you do? I really want to watch the rose bowl tomorrow, and we don't have satellite tv.

Posts: 30 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I use Roku for streaming Netflix, etc. However, I am almost positive that Roku does not support connections to Internet Sites per se. Though Roku has the capability to connect to Facebook, Roku does not have a built-in Web Browser. Your best bet may be to try connecting your MacBook Pro to your TV and using it as a monitor. I can't be much help there, but perhaps someone else may see your post in time to offer some help.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I thought that might be the case. I will be a little old school and listen to the radio. I think I can get the broadcast using iheart radio (new school)!

Posts: 30 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
If you grab an Apple TV you can Airplay the stream from your Mac to your TV via the Apple TV.

This requires a compatible Mac and Mac OS X 10.8 OR the Airparrot App

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post