Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Theater - HDTV - Digital Entertainment    hdmi tv to macbook pro not working
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hdmi tv to macbook pro not working
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I was very easily able to connect my macbook pro or macbook air to my hdmi port on my tv. I used the mini-dvi to hdmi connector. Now, I cannot get a signal. I have tried changing connectors, cables, etc. but nothing seems to work. I just get no signal. Any ideas would be appreciated. Did any new updates block this feature?
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
What did you change or update just before the port stopped working?

Posts: 1970 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
There is a new patch out for 10.6.8 today, part of which is for HDMI sound problems. You might give it a try.

Make sure too that the resolution on your computer is one the TV can display.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, also try swapping the HDMI cable end for end.

Are you selecting the TV input correctly?

Posts: 1644 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Cutler:
What did you change or update just before the port stopped working?

I did update to Lion on one machine which did not work. I also tried it with snow leopard which used to work but does not now. I usually just follow the updates sent out by Apple.

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Beckman:
There is a new patch out for 10.6.8 today, part of which is for HDMI sound problems. You might give it a try.

Make sure too that the resolution on your computer is one the TV can display.

My tv is a 1080p. what should the computer resolution be set on?

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stone:
Believe it or not, also try swapping the HDMI cable end for end.

Are you selecting the TV input correctly?

I have swapped cables, changed ends, and the input is selected correctly. It was working and just stopped connecting.

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
1920 x 1080. You have tried Detecting Displays and rebooting, yes?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
many times!

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Try a different HDMI port on your TV. Do it this way. I had a cable box that just stopped and I did this. Turn off the TV and ...

1) Pick a different HDMI port
2) Power on the computer first
3) Power on the TV - The TV should search all the HDMI ports for activity
4) Select the port you plugged the computer into with your remote.

It should show the picture and produce the sound if any.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1726 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Just because you have the resolution correct doesn't mean the refresh rate is. I would start at 60Hz and see if that works. If this is a TV, also make sure that you have the correct input selected from the TV menu. Just because you weren't messing with buttons and menu options doesn't mean someone else wasn't.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Calvin. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. It still displays "no signal". Yes, I am tuned to the correct input.
I will keep trying.

Rhonda

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Did you try installing the update from a day or so ago?

===

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Jack--yes, I installed the update, but still could not get it to work.