Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Theater - HDTV - Digital Entertainment    Need universal remote Blu-ray player code
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need universal remote Blu-ray player code
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted
I've recently purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player (BD-P1500) and cannot get any older universal remotes to work on it. Obviously the new blu-ray player has a new code. Does anyone have that code ? I've checked on the internet and all they have are various manuals of universal remotes but none of those codes work. The code they most suggest is 0014 which works for Samsung DVD players but not the new Blu-ray. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 601 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are stuck. Remember technology marches on. Have you called Samsung for assistance. Keep in mind that your player is NEW and there is no reason an OLD universal remote will ever work regardless of the 'code'.

I checked with Samsung and they Do Not give out code information and they also said I probably will not function with a Universal Remote. Also note the following from their web site and a down loadable PDF.............

HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) A true “plug and play” product, it comes with a Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) feature that lets you operate multiple HDMI products with a single remote control.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
AIM: Online Status For bombbringer
posted Hide Post
What kind of universal remote do you have? I know that most of the Logitech Harmony remotes get their codes from a web interface, and any new hardware that comes out will work since the codes come from the web.

Posts: 28 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post