January 05, 2010, 07:39 AM
arrakian
New iPhone/iPod Touch Remote Control...
... here.

- One Nation Under A Groove -
January 05, 2010, 11:20 AM
Terry White
I like the concept.
Currently I've standardized on Harmony One remotes around the house. I've always dreamed of a remote that could be a touch screen and actually mimic the look and feel of the original manufacturers remote. This certainly looks like you'll be able to do this if they do let you totally design the screen/button layout.

However, the one thing that this solution would be missing is actually the one thing I really like about the Harmony One and that is you get BOTH physical buttons and a touch screen. With a touch screen only remote you would have to look at it for every thing you do. With physical buttons you could do common things like volume control, advance to the next chapter in a movie, change the channel up/down without looking.

I will definitely try one of these and the funny thing is that it costs $50 and you can get an iPod touch for under $200 which puts this at about the same retail price as a Harmony One.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!
January 05, 2010, 05:20 PM
George Little
It appears that I could use my old version 1 iPhone and that's would be kinda neat since it's just setting there collecting dust since I upgraded to the 3GS.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.
January 05, 2010, 07:15 PM
Jack Beckman
Wha...? Oh my. I sold my original iPhones (mine and my wife's) for *more* than the cost of the two replacement iPhone 3G models we bought *and* Applecare. Probably too late now to do well, but you should check out prices when upgrading.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”