Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connecting to tv?
 Login/Register

posted
I'm trying to use the abc player app to watch a tv show. It's great on the iPod, but I'd like to go through my tv. I've got a newer Sony Bravia with lots of input slots. I have the apple digital av adapter and an hdmi cable connecting the two. The tv says 720 something and a screen ratio, but all I get is audio. There is no picture.

I found old forum advice saying to turn the iPod video settings to tv out. I can't seem to find those settings on my iPod or iPad.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

P.s. we don't have a router, and we use a Verizon fivespot to get Internet service.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
posted Hide Post
Which iPod? The current generation iPod Touch?

The tv says 720 something and a screen ratio, but all I get is audio. There is no picture.

Some more "detailed" information will probably make it easier to help you.

Exactly what Input number do you have the HDMI cable plugged into?

Have you selected that input (on the TV) to be what is to be shown on the screen?

Exactly what Model Sony TV do you have?

Posts: 1419 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Chuck Reti
AIM: Online Status For chuckr@mac.com
posted Hide Post
This at Apple.com Support might be helpful:

iOS: About Apple AV Adapter compatibility

ALso, a quick scan thru the Apple user forums indicate that others are unable to send ABC Player video to their TV's, indicating probably that this app (and ABC) does not support this.

Posts: 941 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
posted Hide Post
No where on the iTunes App Store advertisement does it say that ABC Player will play other than on a iPod or iPhone & iPad. Looks like you are stuck with those 3 devices only.

Posts: 1419 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, your only option would be to use AirPlay and mirror your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad via an Apple TV connected to you TV. (This does work, I just tried it)

Posts: 1967 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The basic information:

iPod Touch gen 4, ios 5.1
iPad gen 3, ios 5.1

Sony Bravia KDL- 26L5000 The only connection I get (for audio only) is on HDMI port 2, otherwise the screen says no connection.

Thanks Everyone! I did not read the ABC player app information carefully. I can see that it won't work the way I would like. However, I'm looking forward to trying to find other content that will work. Of course I may also rent something from iTunes.

I also appreciate the link about compatibility. I swear I searched the Apple forums and only got links for outdated threads that talked about video out, etc. I did not use the term abc player, that would have been useful!

Cheers! And thanks for the info!

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post