Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Theater - HDTV - Digital Entertainment    Is there a Tivo without a monthly fee?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a Tivo without a monthly fee?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted
I'd like to buy a recorder like Tivo or the ones used by Comcast but I'd like to buy one outright that doesnt have a monthly fee -just like I have a VCR that works without a fee. I dont need the TV guide. So- is there a recorder like Tivo that doesnt have a monthly fee?

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Archos has some products

DVR Station Gen 5

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
It looks like you will still need at least the Comcast cable box with the Archos - I don't see where it has CableCad support.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post