Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Music SIG    iTunes 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes 11
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
On the premise that the only "dumb" question is the one not asked- here goes. I don't buy music. I have a large CD collection I'm importing to iTunes. Will it live on my hard drive or "the Cloud" in version 11? I want to keep it on my drive if possible. Is there a good book on iTunes for Dummies- or did I just answer my own Q? Paul

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,

As far as I know, your ripped CDs will always be held locally on your hard drive.

The cloud only comes into play when you susbcribe to iTunes match ($24.99/year).

Even if you sign-up for iTunes match, you can always opt to have your music files on your personal hard drive (they will always be there unless you specifically delete them).

Hope this helps...

Andrew

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've found lots of how iTunes runs confusing. Either its my age(65+) or it is cluttered with a lot of garbage that belongs on a social networking site rather than on a Music, Video & communication site.

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post