Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Music SIG    iTunes store- cant connect
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes store- cant connect
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
Lately since I've switched to Comcast broadband, I have trouble trying to connect to the Music store via iTunes. I get a message "Could not complete the music store request. The store may be busy. Check yur internet connection or try back later". I'm not having any other trouble connecting to the internet. One time I managed to get into the store but the scroll levers wouldnt work. Any ideas whats happenning? Im using an iMac with OS 10.4.3

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
You are 5 patch levels behind. You should seriously consider moving up to 10.4.8.

What version of iTunes are you using?

Do you have a router between your iMac and the cable modem? Some cable modems don't work right with certain packets when connected directly to a Mac. You can solve this with a router (which you should have anyway for protection).

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5472 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post