Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Music SIG    Sound Designer II files
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound Designer II files
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted
An acquaintance has some music tracks that were made with Sound Designer II, a program from DigiDesign that ran under MacOS, possibly pre-OS9. He wants to recover these old tracks; I have a machine that will boot OS9, others that run it in Classic, but don't have the app. Anyone out there have SD II to lend so I could convert .sd2 files to WAV or AAC?
OR, does anyone in Audio Land know if SD2 files can be opened/converted with ProTools?

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure Pro Tools will open SD2; QuickTime can, as well as bias Peak.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think I've got Bias Peak around here somewhere that came with my first FCP install package, and I can get some time on a ProTools machine.
I don't have the .sd2 files here just yet but I'll give those a try when I do. An SD II copy might be on an old LC in a corner of the basement but I'm not sure it will even boot up.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Q
posted Hide Post
Any iteration of Protools will open the SDII files. Peak will import them as well. You should have no problem at all. There are also free batch coding apps at Versiontracker that will turn them into a variety of audio file types.
Q

Reaching The World, One Song At A Time™

Posts: 281 | Location: Canton, MI | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post