Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Music SIG    iTunes 8 Encoder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes 8 Encoder
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Keith
posted
O.K., I've just imported an AIFF sound file into iTunes 8 from GarageBand, and I want to convert it to an MP3 file to post on the Internet. Under Advanced, I can convert it to AAC, but I don't want that, I want MP3. The choice and settings of the compressor/encoder used to be in iTunes Preferences, under Advanced, but it's not there anymore. Nor is it under Sharing or Playback or General or Parental or Store, &c., &c.

Is there still an MP3 encoder in iTunes? If so, where are they now hiding it? Way to go, Apple. Make things impossible, why don't you.

Posts: 668 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
General Tab > Import Settings button

Posts: 1615 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
To expand on that, I've found that you can only convert in iTunes to what the import settings are set at. If you change the import setting to MP3 you will be able to convert existing iTunes files to MP3, but for your next actual import, you will have to change that setting back to your preferred import encoder setting, or it will continue to import as MP3s.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wyandotte, MI | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post