Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    LR view question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LR view question
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I'm trying to set up a MacBook with LR and am trying to figure out why the left panel on my MacBook doesn't show the same info as my iMac under the folders panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My iMac shows my "pictures folder" with my "LR folder" below, then my other folders by year. In my finder both computers are set up exactly the same way.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Lr only shows the folders on your drive that you have actually referenced/imported from. I’m guessing that on the one on the right no pictures have been added yet from the Pictures folder on that computer. As soon as you import from the “Pictures” folder it should appear in the list.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry. I did get another response on a different site that said to right click on the MacBook folder and select show parent folder, that brought up the hierarchy system as shown on the iMac. Appreciate your response. Smile

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post